Please read carefully the TERMS and CONDITIONS set out below as they are an integral part of the booking. Any charter is conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Bookings and Payment
1. Once a booking is made the booking form must be completed and returned to Denia Yacht Charters. A deposit for 25% of the charter fee is required for bookings made more than 8 weeks in advance. Less than 8 weeks we require 50% of the charter fee.An invoice for the full charter fee (with 25% or 50% deposit if applicable) will be issued at the time of booking.
2. An invoice for the full charter fee (with 25% or 50% deposit if applicable) will be issued at the time of booking. Full payment for the charter should be made to Denia Yacht Charters no later than 4 weeks before the date of charter. In all cases full payment for the charter must be received by Denia Yacht Charters before any charter can commence.
- In the event of a cancellation made by the Charterer within 4 weeks of the Charter, a fee equivalent to 100% of the full Charter costs will apply. In the event of a cancellation made by the Charterer at any other time a fee equivalent to 75% of the full Charter costs will apply. Changes to the date of charter will only be accomodated if possible and Denia Yacht Charters cannot guarantee this. Refunds cannot be given for any reason and Denia Yacht Charters strongly advise you ensure you have adequate insurance to cover for all risks.
- Denia Yacht Charters reserves the right to cancel a Charter for any reason that is deemed to be beyond Denia Yacht Charters control, including weather conditions. In the event of such cancellation we shall immediately notify the Charterer and offer alternative dates for the Charter if possible. In the event that an alternative date for the Charter cannot be agreed upon, the Charterer will be entitled to a full refund. No liability is accepted for any costs or expenses incurred by the Charterer in the event of cancellation by Denia Yacht Charters.
Denia Yacht Charters Obligations
- Denia Yacht Charters will exercise all reasonable care to see that the yacht and equipment when chartered is in every respect in good order, and that the yacht is fully equipped as per the inventory.
- The yacht and equipment will be approved for Charter under the terms of the MCA Code of Practice for Small Commercial Vessels and the Skipper will hold a minimum qualification of RYA International Certificate of Competence or higher.
- The yacht and equipment will be insured under the normal yacht charter insurance and competition racing is specifically not insured. An individual client is not covered for loss of life or personal injury whilst on-board or near the insured vessel unless Denia Yacht Charters is deemed to have acted negligently. In your own interests you are advised to ensure you carry adequate personal accident cover.
- Denia Yacht Charters will use its best endeavours to deliver the yacht or a suitable replacement to the Charterer at the agreed time and place. If for any reason the yacht is not available at the agreed time and place, a pro-rata refund will made to the Charterer for the delay. If such delay exceeds 50% of the charter period, the Charterer will be entitled to a full refund. No liability is accepted for any costs or expenses incurred by the Charterer in this event.
- Denia Yacht Charters will arrange all additional services as indicated on the booking form and ensure that a representative is contactable for advice and assistance at any time during the Charter period.
- The Charterer agrees to pay Denia Yacht Charters for the use of the yacht at the agreed rate and to pay the cost of all additional services as requested whether on the day or otherwise.
- The Charterer accepts that in all cases on board the decision of the skipper is final.
- The Charterer accepts that whilst every effort to put to sea will be made, the yacht will not leave the harbour if in the opinion of the skipper or Denia Yacht Charters, weather or other conditions render it imprudent to do so.
- The Charterer accepts that whilst every effort will be made to reach a preferred destination, it may not always be possible to do so.
- The Charterer will be liable for any damage to the yacht or her equipment that is directly attributable to the Charterer or any member of his party except where such damage is due to the Charterer or any member of his party acting under the instruction of the skipper, up to the limit of the policy deductible.
- The Charterer will limit the number of persons in his party to not more than the number allowed onboard the yacht at any time as specified at the time of booking.
- Discounts:(Total maximum amount of discount 15%) 5% 2 week consecutive rental,10% 3 week rentals, 5% repeat customer
- Start and finish times for all charters — Pick up: Saturdays at 13:00 from Denia or El Portet Marina, Drop off: Friday at 17:00 from Denia or El Portet Marina.
- Tender. Included for the 2016 season, with outboard.
- Cleaning (Obligatory) 100€ charged at end of charter.
- Skipper. If a skipper is required a fee of 160€ per day is chargeable for full or part days.
- Spinnaker. If a spinnaker is required, costs are as follows: Week end -150€, Week — 250€, Deposit — 500€
- Chef per week:500€
- Prices include VAT (IVA) at 21%, Insurance, mooring at either Denia or El Portet Marina, water, gas, electricity, tender, outboard, cutlery/crockery etc
- Prices do not include fuel and mooring fees in other ports.